by Nicholson's on Jan 28, 2015 in News
If you’re planning on taking advantage of our Pork offer, this tasty Coconut Pork Curry recipe is perfect!
1 tsp Vegetable Oil
1 medium onion diced
1 clove garlic – diced
2 tbsp. of mild curry paste
1 can of coconut milk
1 tsp dried chilli flakes
1 tsp garam masala
30g flaked almonds (pre toasted – you can toast yourself in the oven TIP – keep an eye on them as they burn quickly)
2 sweet potatoes cut into cubes (skin left on)
1 red pepper sliced
1 large handful of spinach
30g fresh coriander chopped
1. Heat oven to 180⁰C Gas 4.
2. Heat the oil in a large casserole pan and add the onion, garlic and pork. Brown the pork and soften the onions and garlic.
3. Add the curry paste, dried chilli flakes, turmeric and garam masala and mix well. Add in the coconut milk, bring to the boil and place in the oven covered for 1- ½ hours
4. After an hour in the oven, stir well and add in sweet potatoes and red pepper – cook for another 40 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and add spinach and coriander and top with flaked almonds.